I'm hoping that writing down my resolutions on a public forum will help keep me accountable in 2014. Here are the things I would like to work on improving in 2014:
- Survive my first year of teaching! (Haha - almost halfway there!)
- Blog more frequently (I have Twitter friends to help keep me accountable!)
- Be more productive at school during prep periods (try and leave work at work)
- Continue to try and make long-term plans for all of my classes
- Cumulate unit plans of what I have covered thus far
- Continue to interact with my PLN on Twitter and Facebook
- Continue to engage in Twitter chats (especially #mbedchat and #ibdpchat!)
- Over the summer, read Teach like a Pirate by Dave Burgess and attempt to incorporate its strategies into my next year of teaching
- Complete the Computer Science 50 Course from Harvard for which I am currently signed up!
- Take guitar lessons
- Read more (and watch less TV!)
- Continue to try and lead an active life
- Put myself out there more in Dubai in terms of meeting new people
- Do more outdoorsy and water activities in Dubai - diving, surfing, SUP, hiking, etc.
- Buy both a DSLR camera and a GoPro camera and learn how to use them
- Continue to travel every chance I get
- Floss more. Seriously.
There you have it! I think the majority of these resolutions are quite realistic and aren't overly drastic!
I leave you with a picture of the Burj Khalifa that I took at midnight on January 1, 2014!